Saturday, July 14, 2012

Oh! Hello, inter-web people!

My name is Tom McHugh and for the next year of my life I will be serving as a member of the Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC).  I will be moving to Scranton, Pennsylvania and working at a new job, living in community with four other volunteers from all across the country, and striving to come to a better understanding of what it means to serve.  I've decided to fill the "description" portion of this site with the dictionary definition of the word 'volunteer' in hopes that it may aid me (and anyone out there reading this) as I strive to make the word part of my everyday vocabulary and deepen my understanding of what faith based service is all about.

And so, as my journey begins in the coming weeks, I will do my best to update this blog as frequently as I can - while living in simplicity... we'll see how that goes - for any of you out there who would like to join me on this adventure!  I welcome input from anyone out there who has thoughts or comments on my blog, please just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment